Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vacation at Wal-mart?

Not quite the ideal vacation spot but after a week of being confined to the house to take care of Markie - I was willing to take whatever break I could get! After receiving a hot tip from a friend last week, Madison and I braved the elements (and I mean the scary people who frequent our Wal-mart) and did a little clearance rack shopping. We were on a mission to get some really cute but ridiculously cheap swim suits. Our mission proved to be a great success!

Madison scored and found 3 suits. I grabbed 2 pairs of swim trunks for Tanner and 1 for Markie as the selection for his size was minimal. All will be perfect for next summer. The damage done for 6 swim suits totalled $16.00 - the normal price for 1 suit!

While it was hardly a vacation, I did come home rested, relaxed and refreshed. Ok - that is stretching it a bit - ok, a lot - but the trip out did help with the cabin fever!

2 comments:

susie said...

I hope you got larger sizes! Those boys are bound to grow by leaps between now and next summer!!! sounds like it was a fun hunt!!!

Melissa said...

You are so funny! I know that staying home non-stop thing can really tire you out. Way to bargain shop!

I am just about to enjoy a cup of the tea you got me for my birthday! Yeah!