Thursday, October 9, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!!!

You know the scene - Kate Winslet is there, arms outstretched, on the very front of the Titanic. Leonardo DiCaprio is behind her. The wind is in her hair and she's saying - "I'm flying!" That was me yesterday when I dropped off all THREE of my kids at school! Leonardo DiCaprio was unavailable but with the cool breeze blowing through my hair and my arms stretched wide - the angels and I were singing rounds of "Freedom, freedom, freeeeedoooommm!"

Yes, Markie is feeling back to normal! No more fever. No more headache. No more staying home! My house arrest came to an abrupt halt yesterday at 8:30 a.m.! Can you hear it??? Freeeeeedddooooooommm!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

You did have the look of an escapee from prison yesterday! :-) Yay for Nini, she is free at last!

Kimi Jo said...

& thank you for rescuing me off the ice burg yesterday!

susie said...

It was great to get to spend some time with you!!! Thanks for helping out with Collin! And picking Riley up from school!!!

Denise K. said...

Hi!

Just wanted to stop by and say, "Hello!" after lurking for awhile now! hee hee (I found you from your photo on Kim's blog!

I laughed when I read your recent post! Now that both my kids are in school full days, I am a NEW woman! I have time to pursue hobbies, clean the house and have it stay that way until the bus drops them off after school, HA HA etc... :-)

What blessings our families are, but it is also so great for our souls to have some time alone too!

Glad everyone is healthy and well now!

Sending wishes from Colorado!

nini said...

Hey Denise - Welcome to my world! Glad you came for a visit! I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your travels on Thursday and also for your mom. Based on your blog alone - she seems like a pretty remarkable woman. Please know that you are covered in prayer! nini

Truefan said...

Free! Does that mean you have time to bake me some cookies? You do make the world's best cookies. The cupcakes looked good too. Have you picked up on the common theme here?!? Just thought I would "drop in" on your blog world for once. It's nice here, but gotta go now. Must eat something. If you put more cookie pictures on you blog, I'll visit again. Send out a cookie alert...

Kimi Jo said...

I like the cookie alert comment! You do make the best cookies in the world! I was lurking on here one night found this cake disaster blog. It made me think of you. Not because they were disasters but because they were so fun! I havent been able to find it since!