Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baking Bliss (Again!)


Today marks the 10th birthday of Madison's dear friend Riley! As part of my gift to her - I was given the honor of making her birthday cake. With cake and frosting and fondant covering my counters along with an assortment of baking necessities, my sous chef and I set off to make the perfect birthday cake - one that would truly reflect her personality. With the fact that Riley has more fashion sense than most people I know - combined - and that she loves all things fashionable - the executive decision to make her a cake in the form of an upright purse was, for lack of better words - a no brainer!

The result, as seen above, is a pretty flippin' cool cake - even if I do say so myself!
So, Happy Birthday Riley!!! I hope you have as much fun on your birthday as I had making your cake!


3 comments:

Kim said...

How was working with fondant? Cake is beautiful as always! Riley is very lucky!

nini said...

The fondant work was pretty easy because I covered the cake in panels instead of in one piece. It was fun to work with - too bad it tastes nasty and you can't eat it! :)

Melissa said...

That cake rocked! Thank you so much for making it...you made Ry so happy!