Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Soup's On!


I might not be Julia Childs - thank heaven, given that fact that she is dead - but I know my way around the kitchen! With the temperature changing from insane heat to our 2 weeks of fall-like weather, I could hardly wait to dive into my recipe box to find something hearty and stew-like. With my Nani's Italian soup recipe in hand, I started chopping veggies with wild abandon!

While the finished product resembled a stew more than a soup - due to the fact that we had to leave for soccer and the rice sucked up all of the broth - all 3 kids actually liked it - a true miracle - and I LOVED it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yummy. You make great soups. It must be good for all three kids to like it! I too have been craving the comfort of soups, stews and chili. Perfect for these cool nights we have been having. Nice to see all the kiddipoo's. Mark is looking healthier! Praying he will be able to return to school tomorrow (for the sake of your sanity). You have paid your dues in sick kid land!