Friday, October 17, 2008

Culinary Bliss...

If there is such a thing as culinary bliss - I experienced it today! With my hair in a ponytail, donning my favorite apron and my 10 year old sous chef at the ready, I set off on my cake making extravaganza! On the menu:


Cake #1: Chocolate Decadence


A 4-level square chocolate cake filled and frosted with a chocolate ganache and topped with shaved chocolate.

Before:

After:


Cake #2: Strawberry's Wild

A 4-level round yellow cake with whipped topping/cream cheese filling with strawberries on top and thinly sliced between each layer.

Before:


After:


Both cakes are for a wedding reception honoring Mark's cousin and his new bride who were married last month in Lake Tahoe.

Second only to watching my kids on the soccer field - baking the perfect cake is a joy that is truly indescribable!

4 comments:

Kim said...

We will taste test those cakes for you and even tell you our secret location for a piece! Yummo! With your cake and my egg rolls we could eat like kings!

nini said...

I am the "Ten year old sous chef!"


Love,
Mad doggie

Melissa said...

Those cakes look SO GOOD! Hope you have a really good plan to keep your family out of them until tomorrow! If I was there you would have fingerprints in the chocolate one!

Great job Madi, I'm sure your mom could not have done it without you.

Kimi Jo said...

I would even do the dishes just for a bite. Two bites, one from each cake! You need to give classes to the 10 year olds...I will sign mine up & she has her own apron already! (Thanks to that wonderful store, M) They look beautiful Nini!