Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fireworks, Lawn Fishing and a Little Child Labor

Whew! At the end of the weekend - it truly is amazing how much you cram into 48 hours. Between baking, soccer, cleaning, wedding receptions, fireworks, grandparents in from out of town, gorging on ridiculous amounts of food and the 42 other things that seem to be a part of our weekend - it is no wonder that come Sunday night we are BEAT!

One of the said 42 additional items that snuck into our weekend was the ever daunting task of maintaining our lawn. With his ear protectors firmly in place, Markie and the lawn mower became one in an effort to manicure the grass jungle that seems to have grown 6 inches since its last grooming 7 days ago.


Markie's efforts were a great success and Tanner was rewarded with a perfect landscape for practicing the ever popular sport of lawn fishing.

With his Pirates of the Caribbean fishing rod in hand - the little rubber red fish were no match for this expert lawn fisherman.

Even though our weekend was jam packed - it was one filled with fun times, lots of loved ones and lasting memories. I am pretty sure that is what it is all about!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I hear you, seems like the weeks are crammed FULL too! This week will be no exception...as you said, full of family and fun times though. I'm looking forward to spending some of it with you, my friend!

Chris and Tasha said...

I did some lawn fishing this summer before Dad and I went to Canada. I had to practice my fly casting technique. (it was not pretty at all) Got a lot of strange looks from my neighbors...but they don't like me anyway. Maybe its because I walk around in a banana hammock and flip flops outside.

nini said...

Thank you for that very HOT visual!

Chris and Tasha said...

Its a leopard print banana hammock.

nini said...

Puking now. Please stop. Can't take anymore...