Sunday, October 26, 2008

GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!

Madison's soccer season sadly came to a close yesterday. In a performance that can only be described as phenomenal - Madison ROCKED the house! With dribbling skills that rivaled her Uncle Chris, speed that far surpassed the opposing defensive line, and power shots that scored her a goal, she concluded her season with, what I would call - perfection!


Yesterday, Tanner and his Kicker teammates had their most challenging game of the season. In a nail-biting performance, they were able to pull off the win! Tanner had 5 goals under his belt - the last one being scored while dribbling from mid-field with an opposing player pulling on his jersey. The play of the game came when Tanner was set to kick off the ball. He looked at the other team and how they were lined up and said, "You need to back up - No, I'm serious!" With that warning, he booted the ball so hard it flew about 25 yards past the goal. It was very sweet of him to want to protect them from the possibility of getting the ball smashed into their face at close range! Stuff like that just makes a mama proud!


Soccer combined with pizza parties and birthday parties made our Saturday complete! Completely exhausted, completely tired, completely ready for bed!

2 comments:

Chris and Tasha said...

Sister, that is just laugh out loud funny. Glad to hear they are spanking their competition. Alas I could not play in either of my soccer games this week. Last week I had some guy who could not get by me tell me I was to short to worry about...My response, "if you think your intimidating my you are sorely mistaken." It seems there team wanted to test that and gave the ball to the guy every single chance they could. Six or seven hard slide tackles later the game was over (I was playing outside halfback). My feet were so blistered that just today I am able to walk without pain. Both legs are still bruised from ankle to knee. Yes it is lovely shade of yellow now. We tied one to one. We were playing the first place team and we were a man short. Not too bad.
Love you...Bro

Melissa said...

Love that the whole fam is totally crazy competitive...

How happy are you to have made it (mostly) through another great soccer season? Great job Madison!