Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ganache-ulous!

To help in the celebration of a friend's 50ish birthday, I volunteered to make the cake - I know, huge shocker there! After making and gathering all of the necessary items - thinly baked layers of cake, ganache that had been chilling overnight as well as a few extras to make the cake unique - I set off on my cake assembling. The completed cake (pictured below) is a 4-layer yellow cake. It is filled and frosted with a semi-sweet chocolate ganache and is topped with a white chocolate drizzle and shaved Nestle Crunch bars.





Because I am not a chocolate fan - unless it is mixed with peanut butter - I had to count on the chocoholics at the birthday celebration for their honest reviews of the cake. Much to my great joy (and ego boosting) - the cake was a hit! I can officially add ganache to my baking repertoire!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Eaten and enjoyed by this reader! 2thumbs way up!

susie said...

Thanks for the fab cake...it was the yummiest ever!!! Thanks for making my day special!

Melissa said...

You are awesome! Can't wait to try the next one!