Wednesday, January 21, 2009

True Friendship

Today, I received an email from a friend that really did make me laugh out loud! I thought all three of you might enjoy it too.

Are you tired of those wimpy ' friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our friendship.

1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of there.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining!!!!

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up, dust you off and then laugh.

9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

I guess this is just another way of finding out who your friends are!

7 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT! I will need to try and remember to make a copy of that as well. Truer words were never spoken!

Thanks for sharing!

Denise K. said...

Oh this is a riot! LOVE it! :-)

Karen said...

Ah, Nini...so glad I get to be one of the three!! As I read the list I'm thinkin' "check. check. check. Yep, they all fit!!" I especially like #3. I sure know who my friends are and I'm so glad you're one of 'em, dahlin'!!

Kimi Jo said...

My friend, you need to change your # of followers. I think that you have more than you know. These are my oaths...you are a great friend!

Melissa said...

That is very funny! I received the same email and had a great laugh. Thanks for posting it so I could laugh again! (hmmm, I seem to be the 5th commentor, how did that happen when you only have 3 people reading this blog?)

June said...

I laughed out loud too!

susie said...

I love it too!!! The part about the peeing in your pants was very profound and true! I want a copy of this! And where did you get the number 3???