Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fakin' the Funk on a Nasty Dunk!

Today was a day of basketball. It started out with basketball on tv - recorded from last night (go Warriors! - we are faithful fans even though they faithfully stink!), was filled with basketball games being played by Madison and Mark and concluded with a family game of hoops at our neighborhood basketball court. Because I am most likely going to be immobile as soon as my soreness kicks in, I figured I better get this posted quickly!


After watching the Warriors FINALLY pull off a win, Madison's game was the first on deck! With her game face on and her hair done to perfection (an issue that plagues all pre-teens), she hit the court with a level of aggressiveness that I had yet seen her display. Her confidence in her own abilities was apparent. She even made a basket! The smile on her face after she scored truly was priceless! After winning last week with a score that I believe was to 40-0, our kids generously let this team score 1 basket!


After a 2 hour break - we were back on the court for Markie's game. These 2nd and 3rd graders came to rock! Their opponents didn't stand a chance as Markie and his teammates worked the court with NBA-like skills! With a final score of a whole lot to not very many, it was a successful day on the court!


Next up, Family Hoops Night! After playing rounds of 7-up and Knock-Out (games I couldn't even begin to describe here) - it was time for the first ever Stephens Family Dunk-a-thon. Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let the photos speak for themselves!











Enough said!

2 comments:

Kim said...

wow...you look you are flying in your dunk shot Nini. I am uber impressed with the whole crew!

Chris and Tasha said...

Just as I was about to type the cat jumped between me and the key board. good pics sister