Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lions, Tigers & Bears - No Really!!!

LIONS


TIGERS




BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!



As many of you know, a few years ago, I developed something that I call Adult Onset Bear Phobia. These beasts have haunted me in my dreams (apparently in my dreams, I am still no match for them as I have awoken several times just BEFORE they bite my head off) and the thought of them has sent me racing down mountains (ok, bunny slopes) on VERY unsteady skis - yes, I know it was winter and they were hibernating, but still. While I am unsure if this is a permanent condition or a temporary one - they say that facing your fears is the first step in recovery.


With a family trip to the San Francisco Zoo planned - it seemed like the perfect opportunity to face said fears. After checking out a bunch of very cool animals - we headed over to the Grizzly Bear enclosure to watch their feeding. Before releasing the bears, the zoo keeper (instead of providing real entertainment and sacrificing herself) spread a bunch of veggies out and then released some live fish into the pool that was visible through the plexiglass. We had front row seats. These giant masses of head-ripping-off-power strolled in, walked right past the veggies and made their way into the pool. The fish didn't have a chance. One of the bears jumped in the water - RIGHT IN FRONT OF US - grabbed the fish and bit it in half. After viewing this, I can honestly say that my fear of bears is justified! For your viewing pleasure - here are some pictures of the bears, along with a bunch of other super cool animals!


Tanner and the Rhino

Madison and the Parrot


My son, oh, I mean a Giant Silverbacked Gorilla!

The Object of My Affection - NOT!

Two Guys and a Girl
Two Blond Headed Beauties

One Very Cool Polar Bear

3 Monkeys and a Giraffe!


6 comments:

Melissa said...

haha three monkies and a giraffe is my fav!

Preston Faires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I like the one of tanner and the rhino...priceless!

*I left a comment under preston's name accidentally. Thus the deletion.

Anonymous said...

Bears are the cutest. Dad and I saw two while we were in OH Canada. They never hurt anybody.

Denise K. said...

Oh you are so funny! Thanks for the smile today! I wish you and your family good health, happiness, and peace in the new year! May 2009 be filled with many blessings! With love from Colorado, Denise

Donald Boykins said...

My name is Donald boykins , and I am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning I was browsing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cure.I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETES, CANCER,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES HEPATITiS A AND B. FEVER, EPILEPSY, MENINGITIS, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, PROSTATE, THYROID, BACTERIA, MALARIA, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TUBERCULOSIS, DIARRHEA, POLIO, LOW BLOOD PRESSURE,  INSOMNIA,ARTHMA, LUPUS,  RABIES, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, HYPEROPIA, ANTI VIRUS, MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE,EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD INJURY, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASE, ACME,  KAWASAKI, BACK PAIN etc. why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor and he is also called the godfather of herbal root contact him via email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on                     +2348025012866
website https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com