Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Few Holiday Celebrations!

In between painting, very little sleep and more painting - we were able to squeeze in a few moments to celebrate the holidays! On Thursday, Markie and I along with the rest of his class (5 8-year old boys with me in my car - potty talk x 5) headed over to a care home to sing Christmas carols to the elderly residents. After warming up my voice and doing some stretches, I was more than ready to bust out some songs! As I told Markie of my plans to sing loud and proud, the look of horror on my son's face that morning was priceless. Because I thought saving him from years of therapy was probably a good parental move, I stayed quiet during their performance - except to keep my young charges in line. A good time was had by all - especially the sweet ladies who lived there!

Markie is way in the back!

Markie giving a gift to one of the residents! (Notice Jack looking into the camera!)

Me and my boy!

Last night (after painting all day - did I mention that we are in the midst of painting the inside of our house??? - 5 days before Christmas!!!) we headed out to celebrate Christmas with Knowles Trucking! Besides the incredible food that we gorged ourselves on and fun time spent with friends, the kids enjoyed a visit and Christmas gift from Santa. Here are the pictures for you to enjoy!

Santa and the 2 goofballs


Madison - way too excited to be sitting on Santa's lap!


Markie getting the goods!


The hubby and me - our annual photo together!
Alright - enough dillydallying - time to get pack to painting!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Enjoyed the post and all the sweet pictures. Glad that party last night was fun. Tanner sure looked thrilled to see Old Saint Nick!