Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Me, My Paintbrush & Bon Jovi

I know that I have briefly (read - repeatedly) mentioned the impromptu painting project that is now 9 days old. In 9 days, we have completed 4 rooms along with one very long hallway. Who knew what a difference color on a wall could make??? Well, apparently most people - my hubby and I are just a little slow in this area! Alas, we are finally in the know! So, with paintbrush in hand, Bon Jovi blasting on the CD player and my rattiest clothes adorning my body - I set to work!

And so it begins! Me - working on the kitchen


Oh - there I am on my ladder

Yep - me again on said ladder

Yep - me again, doing some more ladder work

Uh - the headless painter

Yes - that is a 7-8 ft. Christmas tree BELOW me!

One of the final products!

With all of my experience on the ladder, I am considering a consulting position with the local fire department!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I know it was TONS of work but it is beautiful!!!!! I think the paint and the elbow grease you two have put into your house have made your already wonderful home a showplace! It is so warm...can't wait to spend many a cup of tea looking at it all with you!

Kim said...

I also love the new "look"! The colors are great! What an accomplishment. Love that you can put this on your resume as well. Firemen like to cook too...maybe you can be the baker on the shift.

June said...

Beautiful! Your blog is one of the highlights of my days, and always brings me great joy. I am so grateful to have you for my daughter-in-law! Mark is a very lucky man, and your kids are very fortunate to have you as their Mom.

Chris and Tasha said...

reminds me of painting my house...i will just fly you out next time my wife decides she wants to paint one of the walls again.

Karen said...

Nini, the house looks gorgeous! I love your paint choices!! You do know, don't you, that once you've painted...you're gonna want new carpeting and then..........

Denise K. said...

Oooh...love the color choice!!! What color is your living room? LOVE it! :-)