Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where Exactly Did Last Week Go?

After being released from the clutches of those very frightful terrorists, I found myself right smack dab in the middle of what I call "holiday insanity." Pair this with a few impromptu home improvement projects and well, welcome to my world! In a nutshell, here's a brief glimpse into this past week:

  • Another fever (Tanner)

  • Christmas programs

  • Birthday parties (5 different kids)

  • Basketball practice/games

  • Baking, baking and more baking

  • Multiple Christmas Parties

  • Making stockings

  • Jimmy Buffet cover band concert

  • Book Sales

  • Repainting (on a whim) family room, kitchen, hallway, entryway

  • Cookie exchange - making prize winning cookies!

  • Eating mounds of said prize winning cookies

  • Shopping, shopping, shopping!

Whew! I'll stop there! You get the picture! I wouldn't be surprised if this list looks just like yours! It is the nature of the season! Here's a picture of my Rudolph cookies that won "The Most Unique" cookie award. Enjoy!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Quite tasty! Your week has been insane and you forgot to mention helping a semi-insane friend put together a website in December, restocking a store daily, picking up insane friends kids, making tons of food for all the parties you went to, learning 25 countries in an afternoon, planning for gift exchanges, field trips, and school parties...aaaaaggggghhhhh! This on top of your normal pick-up/drop-off/study/clean/shop/cook...

Chris and Tasha said...

awesome cookies sister, I wish i could partake

Denise K. said...

Oh you must be exhausted!!! I hope you can find some time to relax and just ENJOY, in the midst of all the holiday craziness! Your cookies look fantastic! Are you sharing the recipe? It must be wonderful, as your cakes have looked terrific too!

Kim said...

Hey, you know I love you but what would possess you to repaint THIS month? That is way above and beyond. Was it in the midst of the hostage situation? Did you paint it a color?

You are amazing and I bow to your mom-skills!