Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Doing Shots!


I wish the experience was as exciting sounding as the title suggests! Unfortunately, instead of actually DOING shots of the alcoholic variety - somthing that I talk big about but never actually do - my three kiddipoos had to RECEIVE shots. Bummer for them! Madison and Mark put on their brave faces during their one shot experience so that when it came time for Tanner to have his turn, he wouldn't freak out. But, alas, that was not to be the case. The screaming began as soon as the needle left Madison's arm and he realized he was next! The muscles I used to hold him down have not been used in years, if ever. His strength required not only my extremely bulging and well-defined muscles but also those of a nurse who was able to keep his arms still enough to receive the injections. This whole ordeal lasted no longer than 5 minutes but seemed like an eternity. To sum up our experience - with Madison and Mark in tow, Tanner and I left the facility drenched in sweat, with 5 holes distributed among his two arms and the greatest feeling of relief that we were done!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Catchy title, you really did have me going for a minute. Sorry the immunization experience was so traumatic for Tanner. If only they would realize that tensing up makes it even worse. Kudos to Madison and Markie for the stiff upper lip though. Way to be team players!

Melissa said...

"well defined muscles"...reading too many romance novels, me think!

Just think how you will all look back at this and laugh! :-0 not so funny today!
Mel