Sunday, September 28, 2008

Golfing, Birthdays and a Bunch of Full Bellies



After the return of 5 tired but happy campers - we headed off into a bunch of directions! The Marks (Mark Jr. and Mark III) scooted off to their golf tournament while Tanner, Madison and I - with Riley in tow - headed over to the Knowles house for an incredible lunch. We gorged ourselves on a homemade Stromboli and tomato soup. After a quick trip down the street to drop off Tanner at a birthday party - I headed back to resume my spot at the Knowles dining room table where we chatted and drank ridiculous amounts of sweet tea.

To top off the fabulous lunch, I concocted a new brownie recipe that consisted of chocolate chip brownies covered with a flattened layer of chocolate chip cookie dough and then baked. It was quite delicious - even if I do say so myself!

A fun conclusion to a fun weekend!





5 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for having lunch and hanging out today. The brownies were GREAT as usual! Hope next time the whole fam can come!

June said...

Nini - I love reading the latest news and seeing the photographs!!! What beautiful children, all! - June

susie said...

those brownies are sinful!
It was a nice afternoon!
It is always fun spending time together!!!

Kim said...

So happy to read about your lovely day. The brownies and sweet tea description had my mouth watering. Have a wonderful week!

Kimi Jo said...

You need to do a baking cookbook & sign me up for classes. Your brownies looked heavenly! Love the pictures!