Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Apple Day!!!

'Twas 3 months before Christmas and hidden all around
Were apples for the kindergarten class to be found
There were red ones, green ones and some fujis too
Ready to be studied by this under six crew
With marshmallow and peanut butter apple smiles
And apple tree paintings in their own unique styles
Apple Jacks to be strung by the children with care
And then eaten quickly so they wouldn't have to share
There was juice and dancing and lots of apple-y fun
And a couple happy moms that Apple Day was done!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Look at you the poet! I remember those days of Kindergarten. Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Those are the cutest kids EVER! Lovely poem!

Kimi Jo said...

I love the poem! Sounds like great fun. How come 7th grade doesnt string apple jacks anymore!!!! I suddenly have this craving for apple pie! I know that you are the best cake baker! And definetely the best cookie maker...how are you at pies?

susie said...

You are a great mom to have gone and helped out with Apple Day!! Drew loved it and even gave us a sample of the dancing that was done! I wish I could be in grade K again!!!