Thursday, September 25, 2008

VOLCANO ERUPTS!!!

The walls were shakin', the earth was quakin', my mind was achin' and we weren't fakin' as a volcano erupted right here in Redding, CA. With lava and poisonous gases spewing everywhere, the unbearable heat and ash surrounding us, it was by the grace of God alone that we lived through it!



OK - so we weren't really in THAT much danger. I tend to have a way with embellishing things! It was quite an eruption though! After making the volcano from scratch (*note to reader, inhaling powdered plaster is never a good idea), and painting it over the course of 2 days, it's destiny to erupt was fulfilled and my work as a volcano maker/painter/erupter was done!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cool! You did a fab job!

susie said...

Wow you had me running for cover!!! Looks like you all had fun! As usual!

Kimi Jo said...

I thought I felt something today! Gad it was just you guys having fun! :)