Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Got a Fever of 103.9


After not sleeping for 2 nights, walking around looking and feeling like the living dead, I can honestly say that I am delicately balancing on the brink of exhaustion-induced psychosis. To be blunt, my emotions are shot and I am pretty much a mess.

With this in mind, today when I checked Markie's temperature and the digital readout STARTED at 103 degrees - that was all I needed to set me off in full-tilt-freak out mode. With a thermometer reading 103.9 degrees in one hand and the phone to my doctor in the other - the poor receptionist had to deal with my wrath. I am convinced that when you start a conversation to your doctor's office with "I AM FREAKING OUT!" it is a very effective method to get the care that you need. This theory was tested and proven today as the response was for me to bring him right in - which I did. The diagnosis was that he is suffering from a common virus that will most likely show up in both of my other kids before the week is out. Now that sure is something to look forward to! I can hardly wait!




4 comments:

Karen said...

Nini, other praying for you, what can I do?? I am mostly praying that the virus won't spread. You are all in my thoughts tonight and I pray that you ALL we get some sleep.

OXOXOXO

Melissa said...

Oh my, the stress! I am praying you get some sleep. Markie is young and tough...it's you I'm worried about! Please, please, please, let me know if I can help in ANY way. I love you, be strong!

Kimi Jo said...

I hope that the spread doesnt happen Just get that out of your mind right now! I hope you sleep well! I too will do anything that you may need...just a phone call away! Love you Lots!

susie said...

Hey Nini...sometimes it is just scarry being a mom and having to make the decisions on what to do when the kids are sick...You need to take careof yourself and get some sleep cause you know how it is when mommy gets sick...not so good! Any help you need let me know, I will do whatever you need.
Grandma Susie to the rescue! Know that you are loved :-)