Saturday, January 2, 2010

Traditions and Resolutions!

At the year's end, there are some traditions that just need to end with them! But, on a much more positive note, there are others that should just keep going and going and going!!! My favorite tradition (besides lasagna at Christmas and birthday presents at the end of the kids' beds) is kicking off the New Year with a dear friend and celebrating Barnes & Noble style! With a nice hot drink in hand a whole converted forest to stroll through, I wouldn't want to start my year any other way!

Now, as far as resolutions go - I have never really been one to make them! This year, however, I have come up with two! The first is to be a better blogger. I know, totally lame huh??? But the fact of the matter is that it really does keep family members who live out of town in touch with all things Stephens - without having to actually come here and experience the insanity!

My second resolution is to do whatever I can to NOT look forty when I turn forty this year! Have no fear, surgery is not an option here! Everything else is fair game!

So that is it. In a nutshell - keep the traditions that work. Dump the ones that don't. Start your year how you want it to end, do a better job keeping in touch and try your hardest to not age in the process!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

the new me project said...

You so don't look forty so fear not that resolution is all set!!!

nini said...

The New Me Project - Thank you so much! Now, who are you???

Kim said...

I like the more blogging resolution and of course you don't look 40.
p.s. If you are currently reading Belong to Me, it is one of my top 10 books of 2009!

Melissa said...

Great blog! I agree with that last paragraph with my whole heart. Great thoughts!