Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ch..Ch...Ch...Changes....

For the last few years, my book club girls and I have chosen a word that describes our focus for the upcoming year. Last year my word was "Trust" because I wanted to grow in my Christian walk and learn to trust God more. The year before that my word was "Truth" because I was so tired of hearing so many lies that I wanted to set myself on a path to pursue truth.

This year, given that I am in the early stages of a mid-life crisis and I refuse to look 4o when I turn 40, my focus word is "change." Not only am I talking about changing this nasty old saggy, wrinkly, droopy, hideously grotesque soccer mom body into something that could grace the pages of Victoria's Secret (my husband would be eternally grateful), I am talking about changes that go beyond that as well.

Figuring out how to go about this change is a whole different story. Going from a shar-pei puppy to supermodel is no walk in the park- just like changing the stuff on the inside that could use a good overhaul is a daunting task as well. The way I figure, I have 4 months to change the outside (vanity and gravity are very dangerous things!) and a whole year to change the inside, so I am going to dive right on in on my quest for rockstar abs and buns of steel and I will just hope that in the process, I will figure out how to overhaul the inside!

Ch...Ch...Ch....Changes......

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ok, not to sound cheesy...I think you are a great person, inside and outside! You inspire me in many ways. I thank God for our friendship and all the fun we have together. Don't change too much, I like you just how you are.