Sunday, March 1, 2009

6 Games, A Couple Trophies and One Giant Bleacher Butt!

After watching 6 basketball games, chewing off all of my fingernails and pretty much feeling like every last nerve had been shot - our basketball tournament came to a close!


In between bouts of coughing her head off, Madison was a force to be reckoned with on the court. In a couple of the most stressful games I have ever watched, she, along with her teammates pulled off a one-point win in the first game. This sent her into the Championship round and into a battle that will not soon be forgotten. Our girls were able to hold on to the lead until the last few minutes when we ended up losing by 4 points. In my book, victory was still won by our girls. They played hard, played together and didn't let the fact that they were playing the spawn of Satan shake them. Ok - I am TOTALLY kidding about the Satan's spawn part, sort of. :)



After being activated as the only 2nd grader playing on a 4th/5th grade team - Markie and his boys played hard and strong but fell short on the scoreboard. They lost their first game which sent them into their next game battling for 3rd place. With a trophy at stake, our boys turned on the heat and pulled off a win!


After spending 9 hours in a gym watching 6 basketball games, I can honestly say that my butt has never been flatter - not a look I was going for but one that I ended up with anyways. Hopefully today things will return to their previous state of perfection. HAHAHAHA!!!!! Obviously, I am kidding here!

5 comments:

Chris and Tasha said...

your kids are superstars...I cant wait until July.

Denise K. said...

WOW, congratulations to the kids on their super games!!!! 9 hours sitting on bleachers also qualifies you for "Mother of the Year" in my book! :-) Congrats, enjoy the victory tonight! :-)

Kim said...

Your butt comment had me smiling! Congrats to the talented Tanners!

Kimi Jo said...

GIRLFRIEND! I am here to tell you...It still looks good!!!!!!! I would also like to say that it was a pleasure being bleacher buddies with you!

Melissa said...

You still look HOT! Go eagles! :)