Sunday, November 9, 2008

Going Batty!

With one last (post-Halloween) Halloween celebration on the schedule and my refusal to arrive at said party empty-handed, I whipped up this cake to officially send Halloween out in style!



This is a 4-layer chocolate cake. The topping/filling is made of a cream cheese/sugar/whipped topping combo. The topping is covered in orange and black sugar sprinkles along with miniature candy bats and pumpkins. Bats hand cut out of rolled out tootsie rolls complete the look!



Also on the schedule this weekend was the final celebration for Markie's birthday! Markie's Mud Bowl was a hit! After last night's pouring rain, thunder and lightning we were blessed with absolutely beautiful weather. With blue skies above and surprisingly dry ground below, Markie's Mud Bowl was more like Markie's Little Bit Dirty Bowl.


Markie's Mud Bowlers

The Mud Bowl Ladies - Emily, Riley, Courtney and Madison

Drew - 1 of 2 Mini Mud Bowl Ladies
Demi - The second Mini Mud Bowler

Collin - tearing it up on the field
Tanner - the only child who didn't play football but ended up muddy anyway!

With Halloween and Markie's birthday officially behind me, I am really looking forward to getting into the swing of the holiday season! I can't wait to see what baking fun the next couple months bring!

5 comments:

Kim said...

That cake looks delicious! Enjoyed the posting of the party pics. I'm surprised with all that rain that you didn't have more mud!

*drew's hair is super cute short

Denise K. said...

What an awesome party!!!! It was fun to read all about it, and see photos of the last two cakes you baked! Beautiful! Do you make cakes for a living? My mother in law lives in Red Bluff and her birthday is on the 24th...hmmm, let me know if this is your business...I have an order! I have to call "M" too as I want to order a pretty Chamalia bracelet! I tell ya, Redding is the place to be!!! :-)

nini said...

Denise - I would love to make cakes for a living! It is just so much fun! I haven't charged anyone (yet) but would like to start doing that to help offset the cost of Madison's 8th grade class Washington D.C. trip. I have 2 1/2 years to bake our way to Washington D.C.!

If I was in town, I would love to make your mother-in-law's cake. This is the Thanksgiving we are going to be in Idaho with my sister. Perhaps - next year???

Melissa said...

The "batty" cake was divine, as usual. I think your idea to bake for the DC trip is fantastic! That is a great way to use your talents.

Thanks for having us at the Mud Bowl. We had a lot of fun!

Donald Boykins said...

My name is Donald boykins , and I am here to appreciate Dr Akhigbe for using his herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus and it has been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause i have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain,one morning I was browsing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr. Akhigbe curing people from Herpes virus and immediately i contacted Dr. Akhigbe on his email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com, i told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, he gave me some instructions and which i rightly followed. so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 2 weeks and i was cured everything was like a dream to me and my Herpes virus was totally gone, dr .Akhigbe, God bless you and give you more power and ability for more cure.I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering for herpes virus or any of these diseases..DIABETES, CANCER,  HIV/AIDS, HERPES HEPATITiS A AND B. FEVER, EPILEPSY, MENINGITIS, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, PROSTATE, THYROID, BACTERIA, MALARIA, DICK AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT,MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, TUBERCULOSIS, DIARRHEA, POLIO, LOW BLOOD PRESSURE,  INSOMNIA,ARTHMA, LUPUS,  RABIES, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, HYPEROPIA, ANTI VIRUS, MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE,EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD INJURY, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASE, ACME,  KAWASAKI, BACK PAIN etc. why don't you contact dr.Akhigbe today and be free from your diseases because he is very good and honest Doctor and he is also called the godfather of herbal root contact him via email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatsApp him on                     +2348025012866
website https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com