Monday, November 10, 2008

The Brady Bunch

You all know the words so sing with me!


"Here's the story

Of a lovely lady

Who was bringing up three very lovely girls

All of them had hair of gold

Like their mother's

The youngest one in curls..."







OK - so we aren't really the Brady Bunch but when our families are combined there are 3 girls and 3 boys. Because of this, we have unofficially named them "The Brady Bunch." Today I had the pleasure of watching this Brady crew. With Melissa off perfecting her role as radio personality, it was 6 on 1 in the Stephens household! Taking our cue from Noah, the kids paired up and had a blast playing together! While they played, I baked. Everyone was happy!


After lots of food, fun and playtime, our time ended with a well thrown, perfectly timed football launched into my eye. (For those of you who remember - "Now, I'll never be a teen model!") Luckily it was of the Nerf variety but it still hurt nonetheless! It was on that note that we bid a fond farewell to 1/2 of the Brady Bunch.


"The Brady Bunch


The Brady Bunch


That's the way we became the Brady Bunch!"



Good luck getting that song out of your head today!

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a great looking "Bunch"! Didn't Marsha get hit in the eye with a football? Oh, you're supposed to be Carol, aren't you?? Get some rest, Nini!

nini said...

It was definitely Marsha. Pretty sure it was the eye but might have been the nose! Either way - she was destined to never become a teen model!

Melissa said...

Yuck, that was a nasty way to end the visit...the rest was really fun though! Thanks for watching the crazy kids while I made my 'debut'!!! Thanks for the yummy soup and tea and bread too. What a great lunch.

Kim said...

I am so glad you have each others families in your life. It is the stuff that wonderful family memories are made of.

Don't forget I met the real "Alice" when I was little too. :-)

susie said...

6 of my favorite kids! I am jealous that you got to have so much fun while I was stuck at the store!!!