Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ace of Cakes

In honor of Mark's Grandma's 88th birthday - Madison designed the following cake. I took her sketches and turned them into reality. The result - a four layered chocolate cake, filled with a cream cheese/whipped topping/crushed chocolate chip cookie frosting, and topped with a generous peppering of crushed chocolate chip cookies along with chocolate chip morsels. It tasted as good as it looked - even of I do say so myself!








We celebrated her birthday with a BBQ that we will not soon forget! In the middle of this celebration, the sky opened up and released a fury of rain and hail. Obviously, this had no impact at all on our plans!





Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'll put in my order for that cake on MY birthday! Looks delicious!

I love that the rain didn't stop your bbq fun, but instead added to it!