Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cake-tastic!

Well, so much for the New Year's resolution to blog more often! Add this one to the ever growing list of failed resolutions! With that weight off my shoulders, now I can live life more freely! Whew!

On to more exciting things! I was asked to make a cake for a friend's surprise 40th birthday party. Yes, I know 40. FORTY!!!! Makes me want to puke too! Anyways, there may have been a little conspiracy theory thing going on because I am not one who is big on the party thing. Having me make the cake was a guarantee that I would be there. Darn. Tricked again. But I digress...

So, I am asked to make this cake. 80's theme. 60ish people. Neon colors. You get the picture. Luckily in my bag of tricks (aka my cake decorating supply kit) I have some neon food coloring! I put it to good use! Here is the final result!




In case you are wondering - I take orders! :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

It turned out radical dude! Have fun at the par-tay!

Melissa said...

so cute!

Nini Tjäder said...

You might not know it, but you are using my domain-name for your blog-name... My website is here (since 11 Sep 2001) http://www.ninisworld.com

Regards Nini (of the real niniworld.com)

Denise K. said...

Oh my goodness it turned out wonderful!!!!! You are soooo talented!!! I want one of your cakes so badly...if only we could ship them to Colorado!!! Hey, do you have any 4th of July theme ideas???? We will be in Red Bluff for the 4th, and since we won't have a kitchen to cook in, and I will still want to bring something to the family get together...maybe I could bring one of your cakes??? Will you be around during the holiday? If you could make one, perhaps I could pick it up on the 3rd, or the morning of the 4th? Can I contact you regarding prices, etc... It would be so awesome to show off your work, and I could get some of your business cards too so the family and friends at the gathering, (who live in Red Bluff and Redding) could also place orders! Let me know what you think Nini! Love, Denise :-)

photoshop updates said...

excellent piece of information, I had come to know about your website from my friend kishore, pune,i have read atleast 8 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanx a lot once again, Regards, , photoshop updates